"It was 5 past midnight in Bhopal" - a must read for anyone who can relate to Bhopal.
I was 9 years old and 3 km away from Bhopal Railway station that fateful night and yet until I read this book I didn't realize fully the extent of what me, my mom and my uncle (Mom's younger brother) survived that night (60-81 tons of MIC and Hydrogen Cyanide).
Names, places, things I had heard/seen as a child are in this book - Arjun Singh, Dr. NP Mishra Dean of Gandhi Medical College, Dr. Ashu Satpathy, Bhopal Railway station, Gorakhpur express, the 4 Begum rulers including Sultan Jehan, big fair for Istima, Hamidia road, Lal Parade ground, Kamla Park, Jehangirabad...heartrending description of the neglected factory and the Bhopal Gas Tragedy on December 2/3 1984.
Dominique Lapierre I am so sad I discovered you so late. Thank you Ashok mamaji for always finding time for me whenever I visit Delhi and for always inspiring me to read good books just like my Dad used to and for giving me this book! Amazing author you introduced me to. Definitely going to him for more.
I was 9 years old and 3 km away from Bhopal Railway station that fateful night and yet until I read this book I didn't realize fully the extent of what me, my mom and my uncle (Mom's younger brother) survived that night (60-81 tons of MIC and Hydrogen Cyanide).
Names, places, things I had heard/seen as a child are in this book - Arjun Singh, Dr. NP Mishra Dean of Gandhi Medical College, Dr. Ashu Satpathy, Bhopal Railway station, Gorakhpur express, the 4 Begum rulers including Sultan Jehan, big fair for Istima, Hamidia road, Lal Parade ground, Kamla Park, Jehangirabad...heartrending description of the neglected factory and the Bhopal Gas Tragedy on December 2/3 1984.
Dominique Lapierre I am so sad I discovered you so late. Thank you Ashok mamaji for always finding time for me whenever I visit Delhi and for always inspiring me to read good books just like my Dad used to and for giving me this book! Amazing author you introduced me to. Definitely going to him for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment