Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Learning the art of ayurvedic cooking and living

Recently attended a 4 day course on Ayurvedic Cooking by one of the teachers from Sri Sri Ayurveda Ashram in Quebec, Canada. A very enlightening experience. I only wish I had taken the course earlier. I was surprised to find almost everyone there in the 12 people group had attended the Basic Art of Living course. The folks in the group seemed so happy and peaceful and full of "Praana" as Elizabeth (our instructor) used to call things which are full of life. I realized how many things I was popping in my mouth which were so extensively processed that they were more than dead - had no praana in them whatsoever.

It was interesting to see the teacher was French, living in Canada, who travelled to Seattle/USA to teach Ayurvedic cooking to a group of predominantly Indians. We had so much fun. I never ate so much healthy food for 4 consecutive days. I never laughed so much for 4 consecutive days. I was completely at peace with myself.

During my more than 8 years at Central School Bhopal, I remember saying "Aum Sehna vavatu, sehnau bhunaktu..." prayer to bless the food before eating. We did that during this course and it was so nostalgic and beautiful - power of praying together.

Needless to say I registered for the Art of Living Basic course starting this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment